STBC03 is the core of the lithium battery charger solution
ST's STBC03 is a lithium battery charger with a low quiescent current LDO regulator and load switch, including 150mA LDO, two SPDT load switches, and a protection circuit module (PCM) with a CC/CV algorithm for rechargeable batteries.
Fast charging current up to 650mA, pre-charging current from 1mA, adjustable floating voltage up to 4.45V, mainly used in smart watches and wearable devices, fitness and medical equipment, as well as lithium batteries and other Li-Poly battery rechargeable devices.
This article introduces the main features of STBC03, block diagram, application circuit diagram and its bill of materials.
Lithium battery charger solution based on STBC03 can meet the needs of the current high-speed development of electric vehicles
The overview of STBC03
The STBC03 is a highly integrated power management, embedding a linear batterycharger, a 150 mA LDO, 2 SPDT load switches, and a protection circuit module(PCM) to prevent the battery from being damaged under fault conditions.
The STBC03 uses a CC/CV algorithm to charge the battery; the fast charge and the pre-charge current can be both independently programmed using dedicatedresistors. The termination current is set to 5% of the programmed fast charge current,but has fixed values for fast charge currents lower than 20 mA. The battery floatingvoltage value is programmable and can be set to a value up to 4.45 V.
The STBC03 also features a charger enable input to stop the charging processanytime.The STBC03 is automatically powered off from the connected battery when the IN pinis not connected to a valid power source (battery mode).A battery under/overtemperature condition can be detected by using an externalcircuitry (NTC thermistor).
The STBC03 draws less than 10 nA from the connected battery in shipping mode conditions, so to maximize the battery life during shelf life of the final application. The device is available in the Flip Chip 30 package.
The framework diagram of solution base on STBC03
The features of STBC03 :
• Charges single-cell Li-Ion batteries with CC/CV algorithm and chargetermination
• Fast charge current up to 650 mA adjustable by external resistor
• Pre-charge current from 1 mA
• Adjustable floating voltage up to 4.45 V
• Integrated low quiescent LDO regulator
• Automatic power path management
• Auto-recharge function
• Embedded protection circuit module (PCM) featuring battery overcharge, batteryover-discharge and battery overcurrent protections
• Charging timeout
• Shipping mode feature allows battery low leakage when over-discharged
• Very low battery leakage in over-discharge and shutdown mode
• Charger enable input
• Charge/fault status output
• Battery voltage pin to allow external gauging
• Two 3 Ω SPDT load switches
• Available in Flip Chip 30, 400 μm pitch package
• Rugged ±4 kV HBM, ESD protection on the most critical pins
Application circuit diagram
The application of STBC03:
• Smart watches and wearable devices
• Fitness and medical accessories
• Li-Ion and other Li-Poly battery rechargeable equipment
주요 구성 요소