What is the relationship between embedded and IoT?
업데이트 시간: 2021-09-13 16:44:55
Although embedded systems have been around for more than 30 years, they have been hidden in the background. Since the Internet of Things has become a national strategy, embedded systems have moved from the background to the foreground.
What is the relationship between embedded and IoT?
1. IoT is an important part of the new generation of information technology, which is the integration of Internet and embedded system to advanced stage of development.
2. As an important technical component of IoT, embedded system perspective helps to understand the essence of IoT deeply and comprehensively.
3. Both general-purpose computers and embedded systems can be traced back to semiconductor integrated circuits. The birth of microprocessor provides a normalized intellectual kernel for human tools.
4. The general-purpose microprocessors and embedded processors based on microprocessors form the two major branches of the modern computer knowledge revolution, i.e., the era of independent development of general-purpose computers and embedded systems.
5. general-purpose computer has experienced the independent development path from intelligent platform to Internet; embedded system has experienced the independent development path from intelligent IOT to local intelligent IOT.
6. IOT is the product of the integration of Internet of general-purpose computer and embedded system standalone or local IOT in advanced stage.
7. In IoT, the infinite diffusion of microprocessor, in the form of "intelligent cell", gives the intellectual characteristics of "intelligent earth" to IoT.
An embedded system is a specialized computer system that is part of a device or equipment. Usually, an embedded system is an embedded processor control board where the control program is stored in ROM. In fact, all devices with digital interfaces, such as watches, microwave ovens, VCRs, cars, etc., use embedded systems, and some embedded systems also contain operating systems, but most embedded systems implement the entire control logic by a single program.
Defined from the application object, embedded system is the synthesis of software and hardware, can also cover mechanical and other ancillary devices. Domestic generally agreed definition of embedded system is: application-centered, based on computer technology, hardware and software can be cut, adapt to the application system on the function, reliability, cost, volume, power consumption and other strict requirements of the special computer system.
Features of embedded
1. dedicated hardware and software can be cut and configured (embedded systems are application-oriented, and the difference between general-purpose systems is that the system function is dedicated)
2. low power consumption, high reliability and high stability
3. software code is short and PC resources compared to resources (hardware resources memory, etc.) is relatively small
4. code can be cured in the memory chip or microcontroller instead of existing in the disk
6. interactivity (generally do not need a keyboard and mouse human-computer interaction to simple)
7. it is the product of combining advanced computer technology, semiconductor technology and electronics technology with specific applications in various industries.
Introduction to the Internet of Things
Internet of Things is an important part of the new generation of information technology and an important development stage in the era of "information technology". Its English name is: "Internet of things (IoT)".
As the name implies, IoT is the Internet where everything is connected. This has two meanings.
First, the core and foundation of IoT is still the Internet, which is an extended and expanded network based on the Internet; second, its user side extends and expands to any object to object for information exchange and communication, that is, the interest of things. IoT is widely used in the integration of network through intelligent sensing, identification technology and communication sensing technology such as pervasive computing, and is therefore called the third wave of the world information industry development after computer and Internet. IoT is the application expansion of the Internet. Instead of saying that IoT is a network, IoT is business and application. Therefore, application innovation is the core of IoT development, and innovation 2.0 with user experience as the core is the soul of IoT development.
Characteristics of IoT
First of all, it is a wide application of various sensing technologies. There are a huge number of various types of sensors deployed on IoT, and each sensor is a source of information, and the information content and information format captured by different categories of sensors are different. The data obtained by the sensors are real-time in nature, and the environmental information is collected periodically at a certain frequency, and the data is constantly updated.
Secondly, it is a kind of ubiquitous network built on the Internet. The important foundation and core of IoT technology is still the Internet, and the information of objects is delivered accurately in real time through the integration of various wired and wireless networks with the Internet. The information collected by the sensors on the IoT at regular intervals needs to be transmitted through the network, and due to its extremely large number, it forms a massive amount of information that must be adapted to various heterogeneous networks and protocols in order to guarantee the correctness and timeliness of the data during transmission.
Once again, IoT does not only provide sensor connectivity, but also has its own intelligent processing capability to implement intelligent control of objects. IoT combines sensors and intelligent processing to expand its application areas by using various intelligent technologies such as cloud computing and pattern recognition. Meaningful data is analyzed, processed and processed from the massive information obtained by sensors to adapt to different needs of different users and to discover new application areas and application models.
Features of IoT
1. comprehensive sensing
2. reliable transmission
3. intelligent control
4. Data fusion